Saturday, May 12, 2012

Blog Swap: My Favorite Finds

Hi everyone! We are over at My Favorite Finds today guest posting.. 
The Beautify It Monday features will be up tomorrow morning..


Here's our guest today..


Hi, Bringing Beauty readers!  My name is Carrie, and I blog over at My Favorite Finds.  My blog is a compilation of recipes, tutorials, Disney travel tips, menu planning, and organizing tips.  I hope you'll stop by and find some joy!




I'm super excited to be here today as part of the......





We are getting ready to head to the "World" this summer....for the fourth time :).  As we've been working our way through the countdown, I thought it would be fun to add a little "surprise" every time we hit a "10" day {30, 20, 10}.  


Each time we take off the countdown day for a "10" day, each of the kids is going to get a fun treat in these Mickey bags I made.  Seriously, it took me twenty minutes.  I've been collecting Disney themed treats over the past few months, and I've got quite the stash going on!  

Here are some items that I've been collecting:
*Disney Pjs 
*Toy Story and Cars Word Search Puzzle Books
*Disney sunglasses
*Phineas & Ferb and Tinkerbell Pez dispensers
*Park Maps {you can design and order these for FREE on Disney.com}
*Glow sticks, wands, and bracelets {for the night parades}
*Princess Color Wonder coloring book/Princess markers
*Gummy bears, mentos, Lifesavers peppermints

I've got more stuff, so I'll save some for surprises in the car and when we get there.  If the bags survive the next 40 days, I might take them with me and put their surprises in their bags at our resort.  We'll have to see how long they last :).

Directions:

Cut two sizes of circles out of Disney scrapbook paper.  Using a glue stick, attach the circles in the shape of a Mickey head to the bag.



I got my bags at the Dollar Tree, and used some of the paint chips from the countdown to initial each child's bag using scrapbooking stickers.  I think I have an obsession with monogramming, or the teacher in me wants everyone's things labeled, or.....I'm must be crazy.  Who knows.  

I think these would be cute for treat bags if you're having a Disney themed birthday party, too.  

How do you make vacation special for your family?  

Looking for more Disney travel ideas?  You can find me on Chip and Co. {my FAVORITE Disney planning site} where I share my tips with thousands of readers every week.  

If you liked this tutorial, you might also enjoy:







Carrie thank you so much for stopping by and sharing this great craft idea!

We hope that you will all take a minute to check out her blog - 
You won't be disappointed!

Come back tomorrow for Beautify it Monday and features from last week!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...